Are you yearning for the opportunity to grow as an organization leader? Is administration close to your heart? Do you tackle challenges with a developmental approach in a solution-oriented way? Haaga-Helia’s Student Union Helga is looking for an Executive Director!
The strategy of the Student Union will be renewed in 2022, so as an executive director you will be able to envision the future, analyze different scenarios and define the guidelines for development work in a collaborative way. The Executive Director plans and monitors both the Student Union’s finances and operations.
The Executive Director acts as the supervisor of the three-person team of specialists and manages the daily activities of the student union with the Board. The Executive Director is responsible for organizational development and quality assurance.
A key task on the Executive Director’s desk is to enable the smooth daily life of the Student Union. This includes representation and communication in a wide range of networks, expanding the Student Union’s funding base through fundraising, acting as a secretary in the meetings of Student Union institutions, preparing decisions and taking care of the digital infrastructure.
The work also includes organizing and conducting training sessions for Haaga-Helia’s students. It is possible to tailor the more specific content of the task according to the previous knowledge and interest of the person to be selected.
- earlier UAS degree or a UAS degree in progress
- good oral and written skills in Finnish and English
- previous experience in organizational activities
- overall understanding of organizational governance and management
- previous supervisor experience
- knowledge of financial management
- ability to work independently and in team
- decision-making and negotiation skills
- strategic thinking and an inclusive approach to development
- expertise and previous experience in fundraising the organization
- UAS studies
- wider knowledge of higher education and student policy
- previous experience in student union activities or other student organization activities
- diverse digital skills
- practical experience of state project and / or other projects
- management of various facilitation methods
- knowledge of data protection issues and key legislation affecting the daily lives of the student union
We offer diverse, challenging and responsible work in a comfortable and youthful environment.
The position of the Executive Director is Full-time (37.5 hours per week) and fixed-term until July 31, 2022. The reason for fixed-term work is substitute leave. It is possible to make the employment relationship permanent after the deadline. According to the agreement, the work will start during November-December. The collective agreement of the student unions of UAS to the task. Salary is in accordance with TES level IV.
For more information of the position, please contact Minna Huurrekorpi, Chairperson of the Board (email@example.com / +358 40 702 4554) or Jani Mäntysaari, Executive Director (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Free-form applications with possible CV and references to email@example.com. In the email subject line “Toiminnanjohtaja”. Applications submitted in other ways will not be considered.
The assignment will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found, so it is not recommended to wait too long before applying. Some applicants will be invited for interviews. Those concerned will be informed ? Interviews are conducted remotely.
Haaga-Helia’s Student Union Helga is a statutory advocacy and service organization for Haaga-Helia students. Although the office is located in Pasila, Haaga-Helia’s Student Union Helga operates in all Haaga-Helia campus locations: Helsinki, Porvoo and Heinola.