The Student Union Helga is looking for trainees for the autumn season to improve the communality of Haaga-Helia students and to diversify Helga’s event offerings. The trainees’ duties will also include producing a Self Hack event and communication that supports well-being.
Trainee profiles to be applied for and planned work tasks:
- Event coordinator trainee
- The trainee’s task is to organise new (alcohol-free) events for the Haaga-Helia Student Union Helga and to support the organisation of existing events as part of the community team
- Work tasks include communication and assistance in event budgeting
- Communications trainee
- The trainee’s task is to produce communication materials that support community and well-being as part of the communication team
- Includes, among other things, producing image, video, and text
- Self Hack -producer trainee
- Self Hack is a life management hackathon through which the student gets tools for his or her own daily life as a university student, which also has a direct impact on his or her ability to study. Self Hack was held for the first time in autumn 2021.
- The trainee’s task is to produce a Self Hack event for Haaga-Helia students together with an advocacy expert
- Includes event planning, communication, practical implementation and facilitation on the day of the event (Helga pays for facilitation training)
- New ideas and active approach to work
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Previous experience in the making of communication materials and understanding event organizing
We offer versatile and responsible training in a youthful work environment. The trainee is supported by Helga’s board and experts and we are not looking for a ready-made expert – the passion to learn and do is the most important thing!
We offer flexible remote work opportunities, although some of the tasks are located in the Helsinki metropolitan area. The duration of the traineeship is approximately 1.5-5 months and can be carried out either full-time (37.5h/week) or according to the wishes of the people selected part-time. The timing of the traineeship is negotiable, but the start should preferably be during August or at the latest at the beginning of September. Trainees are compensated EUR 1,000 per month (in full hours).
The internship is part of the “Helga as a promoter of student wellbeing” project funded by the Helia Foundation and the Self Hack project.
Free-form applications with possible CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email subject line write “Trainee”. At the application stage, you can indicate which trainee profile is of particular interest to you. However, the final traineeship and work tasks can be a combination of tasks subject to different profiles.
For more information on the position, please contact
Anna Laurila, Executive Director
+ 358 45 850 4280
The application period is open until 16 June 2022. Some applicants are invited to interviews, which will be informed the applicants they are affected. The aim is to arrange the interviews during week 26, but some of the interviews may begin already during the application period.
Haaga-Helia’s student union Helga is a statutory advocacy and service organization for Haaga-Helia students. Although the office is located in Pasila, Haaga-Helia’s student union Helga operates in all of Haaga-Helia’s campus locations: Helsinki, Porvoo and Heinola.