Helga’s Year of Wellness campaign will be completed with the theme of “Love” in May. The campaign was implemented in the academic year 2019-2020 with nine monthly changing themes, which were selected based on the concerns expressed in the University Student Health Survey (KOTT 2016).
The themes chosen were:
- September 2019: be the community
- October 2019: learn to learn
- November 2019: be happy
- December 2019: be you
- January 2020: be healthy
- February 2020: recognize, intervene
- March 2020: don’t stress
- April 2020: relax
- May 2020: love
The goals of the campaign were promoted extensively through social media channels, the student union website and Haaga-Helia’s internal intranet, as well as various activities on the university campuses. Both self-produced and partner-produced content and materials were used to highlight the selected themes.
Fruits of the campaign:
- An interactive digital service to be launched in connection with the new website, which helps the student with the everyday problems they face – whether they were related to studies or the student’s daily life. The student is directed to the right service in each situation and / or given instructions on how to proceed in any case.
- Study groups together with the AOKK.
- WelfareAppro’s expansion to campuses and the refinement and consolidation of the concept.
- Extending the harassment liaison model to events and occasions.
- The renaissance of club activities.
- Tapes, posters and signs to make wellness services more discoverable on campuses.
- Safety net and welfare support services compiled into websites Where can I get help? section.
- Welfare perspective in tutor training.
- Student well-being webinar for Haaga-Helia’s staff and stakeholders.
- Making the Community a strategic priority.
- Both group and individual lifestyle guidance / coaching piloted at Haaga-Helia. Valuable data for Zone exercise services.
- Helga’s Blood Group was awarded a silver certificate in 2019.
- Opportunity to utilize the processes and procedures created during the campaign as well as the content and materials produced later.